What is KYACAC?
The Kentucky Association for College Admission Counseling (KYACAC) is the only professional association in the commonwealth that brings together those who work with students as they make the transition from high school to post-secondary education. The goal of KYACAC is to serve college-bound students within the commonwealth and to improve their access to higher education.
KYACAC is a state affiliate of the National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC), representing over 150 institutions and more than 500 individual members at the college, university and high school levels, as well as educational groups, service organizations, and professional associations.
Please consider joining this association of educators and professionals dedicated to improving the transition process for all Kentucky students.
Purpose of KYACAC:
- To establish and to maintain high professional standards in postsecondary guidance and admission at secondary schools, postsecondary educational institutions and related educational organizations and agencies.
- To develop and expand the relationships between secondary schools, postsecondary schools and related educational organizations and agencies.
- To assist in the development of efficient programs of counseling and guidance, which will aid the student in selecting a suitable postsecondary school.
- To serve the students, the parents, the secondary schools, and the postsecondary schools by considering all the factors that may influence a student's transition from high school to postsecondary education without regard to race, creed, sex, political affiliation or national origin.
- To meet the professional needs of individuals regarding admission procedures through research, communication, and the sharing of resources.